This weekend was the Pisgah Productions Double Dare Race back after taking a year off. But, for me the weekend seemed to be filled with a bunch of don’ts. I still had a good weekend overall. There were plenty of good times, good people and good rides to be had.
- Don’t show up a day early and ride.
- Don’t bring a Pisgah newbie to a Pisgah Productions event no matter what your expectations are.
- Don’t climb Bennett or Buckwheat because they both look to be more fun the other way.
- Don’t leave your extra blanket in the car when you go to sleep.
- Don’t sit on the open side of the fire. There is a reason that it is still open.
- Don’t expect gas stations to be open at 2 am or any place that would have a bathroom.
- Don’t believe that all Walmart’s are open 24 hours.
- Don’t forget to consider who is giving you trail loop suggestions.\
- Don’t forget to turn the lock out on your fork back off before you ride Farlow Gap.
- Don’t expect a pad lock to close if the combination is still selected.
- Don’t put your tent up on the shaded side of the area when it will get damn cold at night.
- Don’t expect tent zippers to work correctly when there is frost on them.
- Don’t leave the extra front wheel at home.
- Don’t think that you will ever be able to ride in Pisgah like Wes Dickson and company.
With all that negative one would think that it was a bad weekend. This is just not true. I still had a good weekend. I didn’t ride as much as I normally do down there, but still rode some good trail.
I will have to really think if I am going to try and enter the Double Dare again, but that would not keep me from joining in on the gathering. I am already thinking about trying to make a trip for the Pisgah 36 to hang out and have some more fun.
I am down to one more event planned for the year and have to still make some decisions on what to do with that. Then I have to try and figure out what to do from there and in to next year. Too many things to think about to worry about them now.